My resolutions for 2011.

For the personal geek in me (Probably have little to do with work)

I declare this to be the year of functional programming for me!

Common Lisp 
Begin by first completing Practical Common Lisp and Land of Lisp, and the little pet project that i do when i have free time, the idea of closures and high order functions really appeal to me.

Another Functional Language that I hopefully have time for this year. Invented by Ericsson for using in telephony applications, it has some interesting properties like fault tolerant and hot swapping. Since it's designed for telephony (which has something like 9 9's of availability) you can actually swap in code while the system is running which i think its pretty cool.

Hadoop/Map Reduce
Always heard about MapReduce and Hadoop, I shall attempt to read google's paper on it and hopefully setup a working instance.

NoSQL
NoSQL is getting big nowadays with Twitter and Facebook all moving/developing part of their infrastructure on top of NoSQL type of storage.
Learn at least one implementation and see how it can be worked into a project.

For the bookworm in me
Read The Elements of Style, one of the great books on the writing for the English language. Time to get better at my writing, better written communication is essential as you go along ur working life.

Read more "management" style books especially in the realm of making people happy at work, I am quite interested in how great organizations retain their people and keep them happy.
So far i have FISH! tales, Why work sucks from the library here with me.

For the not so fit me
Finish taking my IPPT before June and pass it.
Run at least once a week at least 2.4km.
Attempt to run a half marathon by then end of the year. (Haha this will the hardest one in my list)

For the bad habits in me
Second guessing or interrupting people midway
I don't know if people noticed but i do have a bad habit of either completing other people's sentence or second guessing what they will say. I will let others finish what they want to say before I start, I will try to follow the rule of One Conversation at a time.

Procrastination
I have a habit of procrastinating, enuff said.

For the father and husband in me
Vacation
Hopefully I will have time to go for a vacation, hopefully it will be the first time that I am bringing Chloe overseas.

Better Father/husband
Its quite hard trying to be specific as to what makes a better father, could be a variety of factors but i sorta like this one that I got from FISH! Tales book, "Love for child. is simply being there".

Lets look back again in 2012.